The day before we were supposed to leave for our 27 hour road trip to my family reunion in Idaho, Ben woke up covered with hives from head to toe and had a 102 degree fever. He was not looking good... poor kid! The doctor said he wouldn't put him in the car for that long with the hives and to wait a couple days before leaving so he could heal. Long story short, we bought plane tickets and flew. He picked a very good time to be sick!!!

Within a couple days the hives were gone and the fever broke just in time for us to enjoy an awesome vacation!

We went horseback riding while we were there, which meant it was time for me to break out my boots. Derek took Ben on his horse (yes, I was scared to death). Do you see the size of that beast. It was the biggest horse I've ever seen. I mean, Derek's a big guy and even he looks small on this freak of nature! It's name was Sheila, but we nicknamed it Shaq.

I was close to the middle of the family horse trail. This is looking forward. It really hit me how huge our family is when I saw how long this line was.

Looking back.

The best attempt at a family picture while on real, moving animals that we couldn't control.

Every time someone dropped something everyone had to stop so the guide could jump off his horse and pick it up. All of our horses would get out of line and go wherever they wanted. We did our best to control them, but it was funny to hear the panic in some people's voices (throat clear... Sarah).

Norah and Mom on Gold Dust. We had such a great horse. Norah loved her! You could hear Norah scream, "Giddy up, Gold Dust!" and "Yeehaw, Gold Dust!" as she giggled down the trail. This girl definitely found her adventurous side on this trip.



After the rest of my family left, we went to the top of Sawtelle Mountain with Grandpa Bob, Grandma Juli, Carli and Justin. The view was beautiful, but the best part was hitting golf balls of the top. Of course we aimed down the back of the mountain so the balls wouldn't hit anyone.



Even Norah wanted in on the action!

Another one of Norah's favorite things to do was 4-wheeling. She would go any chance she got. She loved to count to 11 and then "blastoff!!!". Grandpa Bob took her one last time before we had to leave. This is a priceless picture!

The kiddos just hangin' out in the cabin.

Grandpa Bob and Grandma Juli:
We had an awesome time in Idaho. We can't wait until next summer!!! Norah is still talking about the horseback riding and the 4-wheeling. I know you've converted another grandchild into loving Mack's Inn!!!
Within a couple days the hives were gone and the fever broke just in time for us to enjoy an awesome vacation!
We went horseback riding while we were there, which meant it was time for me to break out my boots. Derek took Ben on his horse (yes, I was scared to death). Do you see the size of that beast. It was the biggest horse I've ever seen. I mean, Derek's a big guy and even he looks small on this freak of nature! It's name was Sheila, but we nicknamed it Shaq.
I was close to the middle of the family horse trail. This is looking forward. It really hit me how huge our family is when I saw how long this line was.
Looking back.
The best attempt at a family picture while on real, moving animals that we couldn't control.
Every time someone dropped something everyone had to stop so the guide could jump off his horse and pick it up. All of our horses would get out of line and go wherever they wanted. We did our best to control them, but it was funny to hear the panic in some people's voices (throat clear... Sarah).
Norah and Mom on Gold Dust. We had such a great horse. Norah loved her! You could hear Norah scream, "Giddy up, Gold Dust!" and "Yeehaw, Gold Dust!" as she giggled down the trail. This girl definitely found her adventurous side on this trip.
After the rest of my family left, we went to the top of Sawtelle Mountain with Grandpa Bob, Grandma Juli, Carli and Justin. The view was beautiful, but the best part was hitting golf balls of the top. Of course we aimed down the back of the mountain so the balls wouldn't hit anyone.
Even Norah wanted in on the action!
Another one of Norah's favorite things to do was 4-wheeling. She would go any chance she got. She loved to count to 11 and then "blastoff!!!". Grandpa Bob took her one last time before we had to leave. This is a priceless picture!
The kiddos just hangin' out in the cabin.
We had an awesome time in Idaho. We can't wait until next summer!!! Norah is still talking about the horseback riding and the 4-wheeling. I know you've converted another grandchild into loving Mack's Inn!!!
2 comments:
Paris was a really scary horse- I had a right to panic! We had such a fun time hanging out with you guys at the cabin. We wish that you lived closer! Nathan misses Norah following him around everywhere!!! Wendy, you look hot in your cowboy boots. I need a pair!
We held our family reunion in Island Park this year too and also stayed at a cabin in Mack's Inn. We were there the end of June and had a great time. It's beautiful there. We didn't do the horseback riding which is fine with me since I don't really like horses but it looks like you all (ya'll for you Texans!) had a fun time.
Post a Comment