7.18.2008

Crazy Month!!!

Again, I apologize for waiting so long to post an update. Texas was so much fun. We loved spending time with Jordan and Marlo and the home search was very successful. We found the perfect house for us. It is actually in my cousin's ward and only about 5 minutes away from them. Hopefully, they don't get too sick of us! I LOVE it! We should close in about two weeks and we can't wait to move in!!!!!!!!!

We went to a rodeo in Georgetown, Texas while we were there. Some guy from John Deer gave Derek this awesome hat.
Surprise, Surprise.... our home flooded again in Provo. I am so excited to leave this place. A pipe broke in the back of the house and seeped up from under the floor. We discovered it at midnight the night we got home from Austin. It was the worst way to come home from a week vacation.... smelly, musty, wet house and wet furniture.
Here's a picture of our little family at my niece's baby blessing. Oh yeah by the way, this is my last picture with dark hair. I went blonde again!
Norah in my favorite summer dress.We're up at my family's cabin in Idaho right now and we've done some really fun things, other than the stomach flu being spread throughout 31 people. That part hasn't been so fun, especially when Norah threw up all over me in the middle of the night. It was disgusting! Here we are at the river we floated down with 5 rafts. Norah and dad were throwing rocks in the river.Our family in the raft going down the river. Oh yeah and my blonde hair. Tell the truth... which do you like better? Brown hair or blonde? I won't be offended, I'm just curious because I can't decide myself.Derek jumped in the FREEZING cold water and swam down the river a little bit. I think he's crazy.Here we are at the Grand Canyon of Yellowstone.Derek and Norah waiting for the rest of my family to walk back to the cars.We had a great time at the cabin. Thanks mom and dad!!!!!!!

7 comments:

Robyn said...

I loved the post!!! Are excited to pack for the big move? :) All I can say is start early and have fun, it takes forever.

Sara said...

So fun that you bought a house!!! And your hair looks great, brown or blond! Really. Miss you!

Avery said...

thanks for the update!! you're one of those lucky people that can go dark or light, but I think i'm more a fan of the blonde. Or maybe it's just different and fun now. So cute, either way. Love Norah...she's getting so big!! I can't really believe you're moving to texas. Even though you're far away in utah and i never see you, texas is much farther. I'm glad you're so excited though, it will be an adventure! The house is adorable.
Didn't your family all pass around the stomach flu at the cabin before? :)

Joe and Megan Karlsven said...

I think I kind-of like the blonde hair. I am excited you got a house and get to start a new adventure. I am a little jealous, since we haven't been able to make that decision yet. Oh, I am having a baby shower next saturday if you can come that would be great. My email address is megankarlsven@hotmail.com. Email me and if that doesn't work maybe we can meet up somewhere and hang out.

Sarah said...

It was so fun to hang out with you all week at the cabin. I'm excited that you guys bought a house- it looks really cute and I can't wait to see what you do with it. I think I like the blonde hair better, but maybe that's just because it is what I am used to. You're beautiful either way, Wendy!

Marnie said...

Norah is so dang cute! I wish her and Penny could play together still. And, I love your house. I have to admit that I got crazy jealous when I saw it, I hate renting! But, I'm really excited for you guys. You look great and it looks like you're having a fun summer.

Rachel said...

I like both! I still haven't technically seen you with blonde, but the pictures are super cute!