Well, we drove into Austin, Texas on Thursday afternoon after a very long 23 hour road trip. It was crazy! The next day we attended my cousin's sweet baby girl's funeral. It was a special, but difficult experience and I was touched by the faith and spirit that were present at that meeting. We love you Jordan and Marlo and we loved Maddie. You are constantly in our prayers! The day after we began accumulating things that we needed for our new house. We made trips to Costco, Sears, Best Buy, Pier 1, IKEA, Urgent care (Norah's horrible ear infection), and HEB (the local grocery store. It's the only chain of grocery stores in TX... there are a million around). We had a great day and spent it with my parents, Carli and Justin (they were here for the funeral). They were great sports! Then we spent our first night in our house. We were planning on staying there on Thursday night when we got there, but I forgot to turn on the power, water, and gas... real smart, huh? It made being inside the house for longer that 5 minutes unbearable in this heat. My kind father out us up in a hotel for the next two night until we could get the place liveable. Also, the people left the place disgusting so we had to have a professional cleaning service come and sanitize it! Now it's clean, thank goodness. So far we've really enjoyed Texas and are happy with our house. I'll keep you posted with pictures once I start the decorating transformation. I'll also try to update a little more often now that things are starting to calm down a little bit.
4 comments:
Good luck on getting settled into your new home. I'm sure it's going to look fabulous very soon and feel like home. I'm still so jealous that you guys have an actual house. Good luck with everything!
I'm glad you made it there safely. Life isn't quite as fun without you guys. I'm excited to see the pics of your new house!
Hello! Shad and I have recently joined the blogger world, and would love to stay in touch with you all! I'm glad that you all made it down there safely! Good luck with getting settled, and we hope to hear from you soon!
Hi Wendy! Fun to see your blog! Your little girl is so cute! Looks like she is about a year older than ours! How do you like living in Texas? Funny that both are husbands are "Derek's" and spelled the same way too! Pretty rare! Good to hear from you!
Julie Barnes (Brown)
Post a Comment