6.07.2008

World's Longest Post

I promised a super long blog and that is what I gave you. This pretty much sums up the past month of our lives, so enjoy !!!Norah was playing with some papers that I didn't want her to have so I moved them on top of this file cabinet. She saw the water bottles next to it and decided to stand on them to get the papers. I thought is was pretty funny and she was pretty proud of herself as well.
This was Mother's Day at my in-law's house. They also made an ice cream cake for me to celebrate my birthday that was later that week. It was great fun!
Norah's first cousin on Derek's side of the family was born on May 12th so we went to the hospital to visit. Norah was surprisingly very calm around baby Ellie ( she is so cute). It's great to have another little one in the family. I'm sure they'll be great friends. Congratulations Robyn and Richard... she's adorable!!!
Derek took me to Macaroni Grill for my birthday dinner. He's taken me there the last three years in a row for my birthday and there's a very good reason.......
YUM, the free chocolate cake that I eat all to myself. Derek's not big into chocolate cake so I don't have to worry about him taking any. Thanks for the fun date Derek. It's a good man that gives his wife a big chocolate cake on their birthday!!!
This was my birthday outfit. Lori gave me this cute skirt for my birthday. Isn't my husband cute!?!?!?!
Also a big shout out to a great friend- thanks for babysitting Cassidy... I love you!!! Our friendship goes all the way back to elementary school. It's crazy how fast time flies!
Norah and I both said goodbye to great friends a couple weeks ago. They moved to California for her husband's job. We used to go walking with Marnie (mom) and Penny (baby) every morning for the past 8 months. We will miss them greatly and wish them the best of luck with their new life.
Here's Norah with a couple of her cousins on my family's side. Avery (hugging Norah) decided to play house and called Norah "Hailey" the whole time we were there. It was hilarious.
Here's Norah with more of her cousins, just hanging out on Memorial Day.
Norah's new shoes... love 'em!!
Norah playing Twister with the neighborhood kids. She had no idea what she was doing, but had no problem imitating them.
We went to our ward camp out last Friday night and it was FREEZING. We passed snow on the way there and the wind was ripping. I layered Norah up with jackets and put her as close to the fire as I could. She had a great time playing with the other kids and eating my massive hamburger. What an awesome kid. We didn't sleep over with the others though. We just stayed for dinner and socialized a bit then drove home that night.
Saturday was filled with cleaning, organizing and yard work. After we had finished we enjoyed a watermelon break. It was delicious and Norah loved it! I couldn't get it in her mouth fast enough.
Here's my new scrapbooking station Derek put together for me. And on the desk, in the middle is the birthday and Mother's Day gift my parents and Derek got for me. Yes, it's a Cricut machine. It's the best and so easy to use. Below are some of the scrapbook pages I've made with it so far. Enjoy!




I got two new pairs of shoes and I need to decide which ones to keep. Which shoes do you like better?
These are made of real snake (I didn't know that when I bought them). It kind of makes me sick and took me 2 days to even talk myself into putting them on my feet. I am terrified of snakes. Derek thinks I should keep them to prove I can beat the snake. I'm thinking about it.

3 comments:

Jules said...

Fun post! You are so cute in all your pics. Notice how there's like maybe 2-3 pics of me on my WHOLE blog?! Carefully placed and posed as well! I like the yellow shoes. Very cute! When are you coming to Austin?!? Can't wait for Warnick/Walburger/Seamons Texas parties!!! :)

Robyn said...

Loved the LONG post. Looks like you've had a busy, but fun month. It was fun to see you guys on Sunday. I think I like the yellow shoes best.

Sarah said...

Yellow shoes- very cute. You look fabulous in all of those pictures- it motivates me to want to lose my baby weight! Jon always takes me to Macaroni Grill on my birthday for the same reason- I love that chocolate cake, though we ask for it with no nuts! Looks like you had a fun month!!!