9.14.2011

Hawaiian Adventure 2011

My parents were kind enough to take all 39 members of our family to Hawaii for 7 days to celebrate their 60th birthdays. It was a total blast, but man, were we tired !!! It was quite the feat herding that many people around, especially when 23 of those people were children under 14 years old! It was such a fun trip and one that we will NEVER forget! Thanks mom and dad... you're the best!!!

There are a lot of pictures so I'll describe the important ones, other than that, just enjoy looking.

Just landed in the Maui Airport and there were a lot of excited little kiddos.


The first morning our kids were up at 5:15 so we decided to take them to the beach to watch the sun rise. It was beautiful!


Playing on the beach the first morning.






The hotel we stayed at had this fun pirate pool for the kids. They loved it!




The hotel had this Koi Pond that the kids loved to look at.


27 years earlier my Grandpa Carl took his kids and grand kids to Hawaii just like my parents. This is where they stayed. This picture is of all the kids that went on that trip (I was 5 weeks old at the time). Oh, and don't mind my compression socks. I had to wear them to survive this crazy trip at 7 months pregnant.... seriously, what was I thinking?!?!!

Driving the coast of Maui.

The water slide at the hotel. That's my dad!

Snorkeling.




Walking down to a blow hole.

Getting ready to board our boat cruise. Norah got sea sick and threw up all over the place. Luckily Derek was there to clean it up.

Norah snorkeling with dad.

The whole clan out there snorkeling and swimming off the island of Lanai.




39 people's baggage we had to get through the airports.



Our Hula Girl!

At Waimea Falls.


Playing at the beach on North Shore.


At the falls. Some of these got mixed up, sorry.

After church.



At the Punch Bowl.

North Shore.

The Dole Pineapple Fields.


The Pali lookout.



The Temple.





The rest of these pictures are of the Polynesian Cultural Center. We went there our entire last day. It was amazing. We had such a great time and will always remember the time we spent together as a family in Hawaii.





Thanks mom and dad! We LOVE you!!!

3 comments:

Can Can said...

What an incredibly fun trip, Wendy! I thought you should know I have an identical photo taken with my family in front of the Jesus mural/mosaic at the church...seeing your photos makes me want to go back!

Sure miss you!

Courtney N said...

It's beautiful there! I'm glad you guys had fun!

Avery said...

This is so amazing!!! I can't believe they took all 39 of you! Looks like it was sooo fun!