4.30.2010

What were we THINKING?!?!?!!

Well, we've finally made it home from our crazy, unthinkable, "What were you thinking?" trip. It consisted of a massive road trip that took us a little over 60 hours to complete with two children under 3 years old (one of whom is newly potty trained-yikes).

Part 1: Texas (home) through Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, South Carolina, and North Carolina where we visited Derek's sister and her family. (20 hours)

Part 2: North Carolina to Virginia. (5 hours)

Part 2-a: After dropping the kids and me at our friends house in Virginia (close to DC), Derek took a commuter train to Baltimore for a conference he had there all week, which was the reason for this trip in the first place. (2 hours)

Part 2-b: Virginia to Maryland (by myself with the kids). (3 hours-- I got lost :))

Part 3: Maryland back to Virginia. (1.5 hours)

Part 4: Virginia to Maryland, Delaware, New Jersey, New York. (6 hours)

Part 5: New york to New Jersey, Pennsylvania, West Virginia, Virginia, Tennessee, Arkansas, then back to Texas. (28 hours in 2.5 days)

Some say we're crazy, but I think we're awesome! Although, let me just say it was a L.O.N.G trip, but fun. Can't say I'd do it again any time soon with two little kids, but it is a memory Derek and I will never forget. I'll post pictures soon!

1 comment:

Whitney said...

Can't believe you were so close! Next time you're near Philly you'll have to give us a jingle! Looks like you had a great time! And, don't worry about driving in NYC - Tyler and I almost get divorced every time we drive in there. So, now we have a rule - the person in the passenger seat may only speak if spoken to by the driver! :) Glad you had fun!