A couple weeks ago Norah started to get a little rash on her face. By the next morning, this is what she woke up looking like. I was a little scared that her right side of her face and eye were swelling up with little bumps all over. It was nasty! I felt really bad for her though because she said it hurt a lot. The doctor said is was Impetigo. In case you were wondering that means, "a contagious bacterial skin infection forming pustules and yellow, crusty sores." Pretty much sums up what was on her face. Poor girl! It's been three weeks and one serious dose of antibiotic, but it has pretty much cleared up. I'm still waiting for the last of the scars to heal.
Ben just being silly in his crib after one of his naps. Apparently he's got the bumper thing figured out!
Norah helped me bake cookies the other day. She was SO excited to wear the apron Aunt Robyn made for her!
Ben in his bath towel that is way too small for his ever growing body.
A little sisterly lovin'.
Smiley boy! I love that big grin!!!
I asked Norah to help me pick up the toys and went in the kitchen quickly. I came back and this is what I found. She hadn't put the foam blocks away, but she had put herself away. Is that better?
Just snuggling on the floor. Norah was tucking Ben in the blanket with her.
"I want the camera mom! I want to eat it."
Especially for your viewing pleasure. Ladies and Gentleman, my husband the "pedophile!"
He walked into the room like he was ready to go to work, but seemed hesitant. I was playing with Ben and not really paying attention to Derek (sad, but true). I looked up after a minute of him standing there and this is what he looked like. SICK! Does it get any greasier, nastier, or scarier than that picture?!?!
Needless to say, he shaved it off before going into work.
4 comments:
Derek should bust that look out again when Norah's first date comes to pick her up.
Great, so I try to take a break from studying by reading your blog and the first thing I read is... a 3 yr old presents to the doctor with yellow crusty pustules on her face. In case you were wondering, the two most common bacteria that cause impetigo are Staphylococcus aureus and Streptococcus pyogens. Yes these are the same strains of staph and strep associated with locker rooms/hospitals and strep throat. Ok, break over.
That's awesome, Derek! I love the picture of Norah in the block bag- she's a very clever little girl. And the pic of Ben in his towel is so cute. Your kids are both so cute!
PS- Am I the only one in this family who doesn't have a Bosch(or however you spell it)?
i love all the pictures. i wish you'd put pics up more often like this. i felt like i could capture what your life was like everyday. ben is so cute. he gets cuter every time i see him. derek on the other hand, jk, but that pic is a little frightening.
Post a Comment