This post is so late, but better late than never! We were gone for 3 weeks over Christmas and New Years. It was a looo-ong, but super fun vacation. We started out in UT a week and a half before Christmas, and believe me, we packed everything in we could. We had an awesome time!
We went to a Ginger Bread Exhibit at the Grand America Hotel. Those things were craz-zzy!!!!!! I can't believe how decked out they all were. It sparked something inside of me... ginger bread competition next year for a girls night? How fun would that be? Norah loved it! Ben didn't really care, he slept most of the time, typical!

Then we went to Temple Square to see all the pretty lights. Again Norah loved the lights. We could barely keep her in the stroller. It was FREEZING! It was then and there that I decided I liked TX a whole lot more than I thought I did!!!!

We had a great time making snow angels, throwing snow balls and sledding down a very small, little hill. Don't worry that I screamed every time I went down though. Hey, I haven't been sledding in years... It was a little scary, even Norah thought so! Yes, I know the age difference is a little different.



Derek's parents got everyone in the family these T-shirts. We all took a family picture in them. It was a fun idea!

Derek's sister, Robyn, made these super cute items for Norah and Ben Christmas. I love them and the apron's already gotten plenty of use. The tie is still a little big, but he's growing fast. I can't wait for him to use it. Thanks Robyn!

Tired little kiddos on the airplane ready to go to CA for the second leg of the trip. We left the day after Christmas to go spend the next week and a half at my parent's house.

Norah loved my parent's dog, Boo. She was the best little dog. Everyone in the family loved her. This was how Norah played with her. She would crawl into her kennel shut herself in the kennel with Boo. Unfortunately, Boo wasn't feeling too good while we were there so she was lethargic the whole time we were there. Norah was starting to get frustrated with her because the dog used to run around and play with her. A couple days later we found out the Boo had the advanced stages of Lymphoma and had to be put to sleep. We told Norah she had to go to a doctor's appointment when she was taken to the vet. Norah kept asking if Boo was better yet, but I didn't have the heart to tell her what happened. Someday I'll tell her. We love you Boo!

New Year's night was fun, but crazy! There were around 80 people at my parent's house for dinner and games while waiting for the ball to drop. My mom always gets a pinata for the kids to break open. This is ALWAYS a big hit!

Happy New Year 2010!!!

While at my parent's house, Ben started eating solids. He loves them and continues to be a BIG boy, weighing in at 20.6 pounds at 6 months and 27 inches long (he's now 7 months, who knows what he weighs now)

We went on a fun adventure to Laguna Beach. We've actually never taken Norah to the beach in the past 2 years, so we thought it was time. She had a great time looking for shells and throwing them in the ocean. It was fun watching her and Derek play while Ben and I sat back to take pictures. It was beautiful and we were just in time for sunset.



We had SO much fun visiting family and friends, but we were ready to be home. Ready to be back to our own space, our own schedules, and our own car! Ready to have the kids back in their own rooms and beds, and ready to get a good nights sleep!!!
We went to a Ginger Bread Exhibit at the Grand America Hotel. Those things were craz-zzy!!!!!! I can't believe how decked out they all were. It sparked something inside of me... ginger bread competition next year for a girls night? How fun would that be? Norah loved it! Ben didn't really care, he slept most of the time, typical!
Then we went to Temple Square to see all the pretty lights. Again Norah loved the lights. We could barely keep her in the stroller. It was FREEZING! It was then and there that I decided I liked TX a whole lot more than I thought I did!!!!
We had a great time making snow angels, throwing snow balls and sledding down a very small, little hill. Don't worry that I screamed every time I went down though. Hey, I haven't been sledding in years... It was a little scary, even Norah thought so! Yes, I know the age difference is a little different.
Derek's parents got everyone in the family these T-shirts. We all took a family picture in them. It was a fun idea!
Derek's sister, Robyn, made these super cute items for Norah and Ben Christmas. I love them and the apron's already gotten plenty of use. The tie is still a little big, but he's growing fast. I can't wait for him to use it. Thanks Robyn!
Tired little kiddos on the airplane ready to go to CA for the second leg of the trip. We left the day after Christmas to go spend the next week and a half at my parent's house.
Norah loved my parent's dog, Boo. She was the best little dog. Everyone in the family loved her. This was how Norah played with her. She would crawl into her kennel shut herself in the kennel with Boo. Unfortunately, Boo wasn't feeling too good while we were there so she was lethargic the whole time we were there. Norah was starting to get frustrated with her because the dog used to run around and play with her. A couple days later we found out the Boo had the advanced stages of Lymphoma and had to be put to sleep. We told Norah she had to go to a doctor's appointment when she was taken to the vet. Norah kept asking if Boo was better yet, but I didn't have the heart to tell her what happened. Someday I'll tell her. We love you Boo!
New Year's night was fun, but crazy! There were around 80 people at my parent's house for dinner and games while waiting for the ball to drop. My mom always gets a pinata for the kids to break open. This is ALWAYS a big hit!
Happy New Year 2010!!!
While at my parent's house, Ben started eating solids. He loves them and continues to be a BIG boy, weighing in at 20.6 pounds at 6 months and 27 inches long (he's now 7 months, who knows what he weighs now)
We went on a fun adventure to Laguna Beach. We've actually never taken Norah to the beach in the past 2 years, so we thought it was time. She had a great time looking for shells and throwing them in the ocean. It was fun watching her and Derek play while Ben and I sat back to take pictures. It was beautiful and we were just in time for sunset.
We had SO much fun visiting family and friends, but we were ready to be home. Ready to be back to our own space, our own schedules, and our own car! Ready to have the kids back in their own rooms and beds, and ready to get a good nights sleep!!!
4 comments:
very cute pictures. definitely better late than never. sounds and looks like a very fun trip. sad i wasn't able to come for new years. i am sure home never tasted so sweet. love ya. ben is so big and sooo cute!!
Wendy, you look fantastic, as usual. Your kids are so big, isn't it sad how fast they grow up?
WHAT?! You were in Utah while we were still there and you didn't call or visit??? You are in serious trouble.
Wendy, you are so cute! I love your hair and your clothes and your make-up... it makes me want to try harder!
It was so fun seeing you guys while you were down. I'm glad that you had a great vacation and that you were able to stay for so long. We love you!!!
Post a Comment