9.27.2009

sweet girl


Norah loves churches and temples. Every big building she sees she thinks is a temple and yells out in joy, "temple, temple!"

This happened on the way to church this morning as we passed a big baptist church...

Norah: Temple, mommy, I see a temple!!!
Me: No, Norah that's not a temple, that's a different church.
Norah: Different church?
Me: Yes. There are lots of churches, but ours is the only true church.
Norah: I want to go to the true church, mommy.
Me: That's a good choice, Norah. That makes me happy. (SMILE)

I love how simple and sweet little children are. Even they can feel the Spirit and know truth. That little conversation made a big impression on me.

6 comments:

Bethany said...

Cute story! What temple is that? It's gorgeous!!

Becky said...

that's so cute. thanks for sharing. have you asked derek about the dvd's by chance. i am dying to see them.

Brittany Crane said...

ahhh I love it!! What great parents Norah has!!!

Sarah said...

Why do my boys not have conversations like this with me? It's always about giants or giraffes or why their brother keeps hitting them!

Avery said...

she's getting so big! And that little man is ADORABLE! When are we ever going to see you guys?
Funny story.. I had a dream a couple nights ago that I was going back to Capo.. more like a nightmare i guess. But in the dream I think I was in highschool and I was coming from Brasil and so I was excited. I walked thru the doors and you were the first (and only) person there and gave me huge hug.. and then Bela cried and I woke up. Is there symbolism here? That you're my best friend? We need to be closer? hmm... :)
Glad life's going so well for you.. we need to talk more..
love u!

Crystal and Kyle said...

Oh my gosh, Ben is sooo adorable. I love those pictures of him. Congrats on being a mommy of two :) I love the picture of you with your dark hair. Very cute!