8.25.2009

Splish, Splash, she was taking a bath...

...in throw up!!! This morning I was driving home from Ben's doctor appointment and what do I hear? Oh yeah, Norah gagging and then the waterfall. I turn my head ever so slightly with a small prayer in my heart that it wasn't what I thought it was, but no such luck. I could only hear the damage that was being done since I was driving on the freeway, and trying my best to calm her down as I drove. Within 10 seconds of the incident the smell hit me like a ton of bricks. I threw my hand on the window buttons and rolled those puppies down with my head out the window as fast as I could.

Then it just got better. I was about 25 minutes away from home and had to drive all the way back with the smell and a toddler covered in throw up. It took me about an hour and a disassembled car to get everything cleaned up. Finally, with me showered and Norah bathed, the unfortunate event came to an end. Now she is sleeping peacefully in her bed, and Ben in his, and I am left with a few minutes to sit and relax. Thank goodness for RELAXATION! I think I need a little more of it, a little more often!!!!

5 comments:

Sarah said...

That seriously stinks. My kids have only thrown up a couple times, but each time it was the grossest thing ever. Good think you're not pregnant and morning sick or you would have definitely thrown up yourself. I hope Norah's feeling better soon and that Ben doesn't get whatever she has.

Rachel said...

Gross, gross, gross! Sometimes being a Mom is NOT fun. Good thing kids make it up in other ways.

I like the new look of the blog. Super cute.

Loving Our Life said...

Oh Boy! That brings back the worst Parker memories. We had to clean out the car at least once a month during his puking days. YUCK!

The James Family said...

OHH my gosh...that sounds HORRIBLE!! You do need more relaxation time. CALL MEE!!

Shelly said...

Yuck!! You poor thing.....Abrielle threw up in the car on our road trip and it was awful. It is such a pain to disassemble and clean the car seats and everything else. Poor thing...I bet she was so scared. Poor mom...I bet she was trying to hold it in (BAD SMELL!!) Hope she's feeling better!