4.09.2008

Happy 1st Birthday Norah!!!!!

Well, today is Norah's birthday, but we had her big celebration on Sunday night with all of Derek's family.  They came down to Provo for dinner, ice cream cake and presents.  We made BBQ chicken, rolls, salad and homemade mac n' cheese.  It was delicious if I say so myself.  I decorated the house with streamers, tinsel, blow horns, party hats and balloons.  It was really fun!
I only bought the hats for the birthday people though.  Clyde (Derek's dad), Cameron (brother) and Norah all celebrated their birthdays in the beginning of April.  I couldn't find real party hats at the Dollar Tree so I decided to buy awesome Luau hats instead... they were great sports!
Here are just a couple of Norah opening some presents and enjoying all the attention on her. She got a new book!
This is my favorite gift we gave her.  Her new swimming attire for this summer.  I was jealous at how cute little girl's suits are.  She's going to love the water and splashing.  I can't even give her a bath without getting soaked myself.
Here's Norah's mint chocolate chip ice cream cake with Oreo crust on the bottom.  It was delicious and sooooo easy to make!  Derek helped her blow her candle out (I know the "1" is on the cake the wrong way, but I didn't realize it at the time).  The cake was melting really fast so we just had to hurry.
This was Norah's first time eating ice cream.  She was a little timid at first, but after a while....
she dug in and made a huge mess!!!  She loved it!  We had to give her a bath after this.  She even had green ice cream dripping out of her diaper.  Gross!!!
This was this morning.  We had saved a couple presents for her to open on her actual birthday. This is a cute Build-a-Bear that my mom made for Norah.  She's been hugging it and attacking it all day.  I think this was an excellent choice mom... way to go!  
Isn't the little outfit adorable?!?!?!?!
After Norah opened her presents her wonderful father made her a french toast breakfast to celebrate.  Norah enjoyed it, but I think Derek enjoyed it more!  Thanks for making the birthday breakfast Derek!  We've had a blast celebrating Norah's first birthday, but I am exhausted.  This birthday thing is crazy!  The final celebration will be tonight when we open Norah's new forward facing car seat and take her for a spin for the first time in her big girl seat... it's going to be a raging celebration!  j/k 

4 comments:

Bethany said...

What a fun celebration! I can't believe she is already 1!

Sarah said...

She looks so much more grown up than the last time I saw her- she is adorable and I love her blonde hair! It sounds like she had fun celebrating the last few days. Happy Birthday, Norah! We love you!!!

Robyn said...

super fun pictures!!!! You guys put on a great party!

Becky said...

did she love the ice cream? if she is anything like me you better watch out. she looks exactly like you in all your baby pictures. she gets even cuter every time i see her. you threw a raging party for her. i love the party hats, those are adorable. i bet youa re kind of relieved it is all over with. it looks like you put a lot of hard work and planning into it. i am sure she had a blast. the little bear momo gave her is so cute. maybe it will be a keepsake she will hold onto for her entire life. i always wish i had one of those. happy belated bday to norah!!