Well, last weekend Derek and I decided to go to Boston at the last minute. He got a phone call a few days before saying Boston University wanted to fly him out for an interview and pay for the hotel. We thought...why not!!?!?!? So we bought me a ticket, sent Norah to Derek's parents and off we went for 4 fun days. It was great, but bone chillin' cold!!!!!!!!!

We flew there on Thursday and got there really late. Friday morning I woke up with a cold and stayed in bed for most of the day, but it didn't matter because Derek had interviews and tours of the school that day. He brought cold medicine back for me, drugged me up and off we went to the reception they had at the school that night. This picture was taken on our way home from that gathering. My nose was so red!!!!!!

We visited the infamous Fenway Park and ate lunch just down the street from there.

If you've ever heard of the children's story book,
Make Way For Ducklings, this is supposedly the park (Boston Commons) where the book took place. It's about a police man who stopped traffic to let the mother and her ducklings cross the road without getting hit by a car. I decided I wanted to be one of the ducklings!

Who doesn't want to go to a place where everyone knows your name?!!?!?!? I was excited to go see Cheers while we were in Boston after watching the TV show when I was younger. I went inside to see if it looked the same, but it was completely different. However, the sign out front said it was the original setting and inspiration behind the series. I think they may have used the outside of it because it looks awfully close to the outside shots from the show. What do you think?

We went to the top of Bunker Hill and almost climbed all 300 stairs to get to the top, but unfortunately, time and leg strength were running out. We walked everywhere we went and by the end my legs were so sore. It was difficult keeping up with a man who is a foot taller than me and walked fast even for him (he was sore too!).

I thought this little invention was ingenious!!!! These homes were built around the 1800s and on most of the steps up to the doors they have these boot scrapers. I hope no one minded that I used their home for a picture. Oh yeah...do you like my boots? I had to buy some rain boots while I was there because it was freezing and snowing and raining. My feet were getting too cold in the little fabric slip-ons I had brought. Not very smart, but at least I got some cute boots out of the deal and I really felt like a true Bostonian (everyone there was wearing them)! Thanks Derek!!!!

We went to visit the USS Constitution, the oldest commissioned warship in the world. It was pretty cool to see how the Navy did things on this boat and our tour guide was very informative. Derek was really excited to see this ship. Here he is standing next to one of the many guns on board.

This is the top deck of the ship with the Boston skyline behind us.

Here's another picture of the Boston skyline behind us. We were standing on a bridge that went over the Charles (Ch-aw-les) River.

We went to Cambridge on our last day there because I wanted to see Harvard University. Below are just a few of the pictures we took while we were on the campus.


I hope you enjoyed hearing about our Boston trip!!!!!! It was tons of fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for taking me with you Derek!!!!!!!
3 comments:
that trip sounds like so much fun. you did all that in such a short amount of time. i am impressed. i love your boots, they are so stylish. did derek like the school? do you want to move there now that you have experienced the true bitter cold winter?
Jon and I so want to go to Boston someday- it looks like you had such a great time. I agree that your boots are really cute. I can't believe it was still so cold in March- but I guess that's how it is on the East Coast. Let us know when you make the final decision of where you are going to move!
What a fun trip. That must have been so nice to have couple time.
Post a Comment