
We are so excited!!! Derek was accepted to the University of Texas at Austin where he will receive his PhD in Mechanical Engineering doing biomedical research. We are still waiting to hear back from a few other schools, but Austin was our first choice so it would take an unbelievable offer to go somewhere else. As of now, we are planning on moving there in August. I am so excited to move back to warm weather. Anyone in Utah can relate I'm sure. The snow just keeps falling and I'm at the end of my patience. Norah and I stay inside all day because it's too cold and slippery to go outside. This has been Utah's worst winter in 7 years and it needs to end!!!!!! Anyways, 50-75 degrees through the winter sounds pretty good to me.... watch out Austin, HERE WE COME!!!!!!!
PS. Sorry Sarah, I failed to document my surgery this time...too bad!!!
6 comments:
no pictures of the battle wounds from surgery? too bad. j/k. thank you for sparing us all. glad to hear everything went well. congrats to derek for all his hard work. it sounds like it all paid off. texas here you come!!
Let me be the first to say: "YAHOOOOOOO!!! YEEHAW!!!!! Come to Texas!" Congrats! May you grow to love the Cowboys, Mavericks (ok, maybe the Spurs) and BBQ! We are so excited for you guys, you will love Texas! And you'll be only about 3 hours from us and really close to Jordan and Marlo! One by one, we'll continue to recruit ya'll! YAHOO!!
Congragulations!!! You will LOVE LOVE LOVE Austin. We miss it so much. You'll have to chat with Jordan and Marlo.
-Mandy (you know, your cousin Andy's wife :)
You will love Texas. I grew up in Dallas! See ya soon!
We are so excited for Derek and for you- it sounds like Austin is a great place to live! We had a fun time at dinner with you guys the other day and seeing your house- it is so cute- you guys have done a great job with it!
We are so excited to have more family here so close. Can't wait to see you guys here. We will have to carry on the Warnick, Walburger and Seamon's traditions!
Post a Comment