11.11.2007

7 Things About Me

1. I LOVE to organize things. A lot of people may think that is a little weird, my husband being one of them. The very first disagreement we ever had was moving into our apartment after we got married because I was putting our wedding gifts in ordered piles at 2:00 in the morning. I could not go to sleep until the job was done and done well!!! Needless to say, Derek was tired and sick of moving boxes (he likes to claim they were empty and the whole process was stupid and useless). Anyways, give me a huge mess, organizer bins and a trash sack and I'll go to town!

2. I LOVE IKEA. I would make the 40 minute drive there any day just to walk around. Derek claims that either he has to go with me to monitor my spending, or I have to leave the credit card, debit card, and check book (pretty much any form of payment) behind. I love the cheap prices and the modern clean cut lines of their styles.

3. I LOVE funky shoes! Anybody who knows me knows I love to make a statement, especially with shoes. I have tons of shoes including, gold, leopard, green, red, turquoise, and the newest addition bright blue patent leather...AWESOME! For Christmas I am asking for a pair of black quilted patent leather wedges, and bright yellow, white and gray flats with a huge silver buckle on the toe. Does life get much better than that?!?!?!

4. I LOVE Bing Crosby's Christmas collection. Is there anything better than setting up the Christmas tree and hanging stocking while listening to Bing. He also stars in my all time favorite Christmas movie, A White Christmas. You know it's Christmas when Bing's in the house!

5. I LOVE to scrapbook as most of you know. I am almost done with my wedding album- finally!!! (Sorry for using your hyphen Sarah, but I like it too)- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I also like to be a smart-aleck sometimes, but I should write that as another number. Just kidding. Back to scrapbooking, I got a cute new bag that holds my things so I can go to my friend's house and we can be creative together. I'm planning on filling it up and bringing it home over Thanksgiving break so get excited Sarah!!!

6. I LOVE Gilmore Girls. It's my favorite TV show (Derek finds it to be quite entertaining as well- his favorite character is Kirk). It's witty, random and worth quoting multiple times a day. I have most of them recorded on our DVR and never miss an episode. I cried the day the last episode aired; although, I was pregnant at the time so that might explain the emotions. Oh well, the re-runs are good enough for me!

7. I LOVE lists. I am a complete and total list person. My life feels disorganized, pointless and chaotic without a plan and a list. I love the feeling of accomplishing something and crossing it off the list. I even go so far as writing something down after I've completed the task, just to cross it off. Because of this need to make lists and accomplish things (and the money wouldn't hurt) Derek and I are starting a business. We are going to make video montages for weddings, anniversaries, reunions, etc. Let me know if you need a video!

7 comments:

Sarah said...

So I am sorry to say that I have never seen an episode of Gilmore Girls. Was that big when you were in high school? I've never really heard much about it.

It'd be so fun to scrapbook together when you are down here. Jon and Derek can watch the kids while we get to work. Don't forget to bring my new di-cut machine!

S.A.S. said...

wendy- very interesting. i love your shoe fettish. i love that you are so organized now. we have switched roles. i have been in both places and i like the messy better. it is so fun. you will have to get me into scrapbooking while we are in cali.

Heather said...

Hey Wendy, I posted on your old(er) blog. Your daughter is so adorable. I love the pictures of her cute expressions. What a sweetheart!

Starting a small business sounds like a great idea! I'm always thinking of ways to start a family business. Good luck!

Becky said...

wendy, it's me that wrote the comment from s.a.s. i was logged in as sarah stancliff and didn't know it. sorry. i can't wait to see you in a couple of days.

Missy said...

Wenfu, good thing we have blogs to keep us up to date. I had to idea you were such a scrapbooker + organizer! You didn't used to be like that (in 4th grade, that is when you shared a room with Becky). Can you please tell me where you get all your fun shoes?? I want to have a shoe fetish too.

Robyn said...

Hey you still need to post pictures of your house since the remodel!!!!

Jules said...

Hey Wendy, call me or email me--- I've lost your number and email addy. My email's pamperedjules@yahoo.com Thanks!!! Julie